Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How do i host a bhangra party in my apartment?

i got my own apartment, and in january i had my birthday party here. i invited some of my friends over and it was fun. i recently talked to one of my friends who came to my bday party and im thinkin of havin a bhangra party. for those who dunno wut bhangra is, its a style of music from the Indian state, punjab. now, a lotta my friends r gujrati...but we do bhangra too. i wanna have it outside, its nice out, but imma have to ask my building manager. he might say yes cuz ppl always got parties outside. im just wanderin since i do live in a ghetto, n a lotta my Indian friends dont, if it would be better to be inside? i done a bday party b4, but neva a bhangra party...how would i make sure my bhangra party is balle balle? im thinkin of usin my CDs mixed w Hndi and Bhangra songs...but in detail, tell me da way to have da best bhangra party. i aint da best at hostin parties, but plz tell me wut to do...thnx!

How do i host a bhangra party in my apartment?
Just remember one golden rule about Punjabis:


"After whisky


Jatt is frisky"





Doesn't mix well with Guju girls either who, after whisky are....um....let's just say keep the whiskies aware from both groups.
Reply:whats so hard its like throwing any other party!


Oh yeah, inside is probably safer than outside! Especially in a ghetto town like urs! I know I wouldn't enjoy dancing outside in fear....but if it gets to warm inside you may wana take the party outside so keep both options open.


Just have great nonstop bhangra music on( i recommend dhol beat international they have good songs, aaja nachle!-a favorite of all my punjabi friends)


Don't sweat about it as long as there's good music and food you'll end up having a good party.


No comments:

Post a Comment